The abundance of camping grills in the market can make picking the right one overwhelming to new and experienced grillers alike. Whether you are a new griller or an experienced one looking for an upgrade, this list of the top portable camping grills will help narrow down your choices.
RELATED: A Complete Guide To Campfire Cooking
10 Best Camping Grills on Amazon that Every Camper Needs
1. Nexgrill Fortress 2.0 2-Burner Table Top Propane Gas Grill
The Nexgrill Fortress gas grill features a heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant cast aluminum firebox and lid, making it ready for any grilling adventure. This sturdy and ragged build also guarantees durability.
As far as usability goes, the Nexgrill Fortress gas grill is user-friendly with easy-to-turn ergonomic knobs. It features two 304-grade stainless steel burners, each offering 6750 BTUs of energy. This guarantees intense but controlled heating on the porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grids.
With up to 262 square inches of under dome cooking space, you can bet you have enough room to feed your entire family. Remember that the grill comes with angled flame tamers that protect the burners from wear and tear while dispersing heat. Lastly, the camping grill boasts an easy-to-read built-in thermometer guaranteeing the perfect cook every time.
Note: The porcelain-coated cooking grids are built to retain heat while allowing for easier cleaning
- It is easy to clean
- Has a sturdy build
- Is designed to stand heavy use
- 262 square inches might not be enough for large cookouts
2. Weber Spirit II E-310 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
Besides its new and fun colors, the Weber Spirit camping grill also comes with innovative igrill3 compatibility. This is besides the Weber GS4 grilling system with components like infinity ignition, burners, grease management systems, and flavorizer bars. These components collaborate to ensure an easy and reliable grilling experience.
When it comes to versatility, the Spirit II gas grill comes in two and three-burner models and is compatible with the igrill3. An App connected thermometer to track the internal temperature of your grilled food. You only need to download the Weber Igrill App, connect your device, and wait for an alert when your food reaches your desired temperature.
The sleek open-cart design offers extra room and accessibility to your grilling tools not to mention a side table that conveniently folds. Also, its design also allows you to mount a gas tank to the outside, making it easy to remove and check the fuel gauge.
Note: The cast iron cooking grates on the Weber Spirit II have a porcelain enamel that enables them to retain heat for tantalizing sear marks and easier cleaning.
- Has a flawless ignition
- Gets hot easily
- Assembly is straightforward
- It is prone to rust
Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, Black
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease…
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width – 42 inches
3. Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 500 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared camping grill combines innovative cooking features with a durable but rugged design for a great experience. Thanks to the grill’s TRU-Infrared cooking system, you can serve your buddies juicier and consistently cooked food than with traditional charcoal and gas grills.
This unique design utilizes porcelain-coated grates to capture and evenly distribute heat. Thereby ensuring no hot or cold spots on the cooking grates making grilling even more fun. Better still, drippings are instantly vaporized, where the resulting steam and smoke infuse flavor and moisture into your food.
With the Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared, you can cook with confidence as you do not have to worry about flare-ups due to restricted airflow. Also, thanks to the wide range of temperature controls, you can grill your food hot and fast on one side, or low and slow on the other side.
- It comes with a temperature gauge that allows you to know the temperature under the hood
- Wide side shelves offer you more room to place your grilling tools and stay organized
- The high power side burner provides more room for you to expand your menu
- The cooking grates brush off easily and prevent the firebox from getting messy
- The grill is easy to assemble
- It is affordable
- Comes in a good size
- It may rust
Char-Broil 463375919 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cabinet Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Your purchase includes One Char-broil Performance Series Liquid Propane Gas only Grill | Not convertible to Natural Gas |…
- Grill dimensions – 24.5″ D x 53.1″ W x 45″ H | Primary cooking area – 23” W x 18.5” D | Warming Rack area – 175 sq….
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability | Not infrared grill
4. Nexgrill 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill
The Nexgrill 5-Burner Gas Grill is undoubtedly the perfect grill for feeding your whole family. With such a heavy-duty stainless steel lid, you bet the grill will be fueling family and outdoor cookouts for years to come.
When you’re ready to grill, a total of 67,000 BTUs of energy guarantee you quick, consistent, and controlled heating. This is thanks to the porcelain cast iron cooking grids that retain heat exceptionally well. On the other hand, the porcelain-coated flame tamers deflect heat to prevent flare-ups while converting drippings into a smoky flavor.
Lastly, you will love the 12000 BTU burner on the right side that allows you to sauté, simmer or boil food without leaving the grill. This is in addition to the side shelves that offer extra room for food prep and storage.
- Each of the five main burners comes with a five-year limited warranty
- The Nexgrill 5-Burner is roomy enough to accommodate up to 29 burger patties
- The grill features an upper-level warming rack to keep your foods toasty
- A rear pull-out grease box makes cleaning a walk in the park
- Don’t forget the condiment rack that allows you to display your spices and accessories conveniently
- User friendly
- It is roomy
- Comes with casters for effortless movement
- An extra burner allows you to make extra food without leaving the grill
- It is bulky
5. Dyna-Glo DGN576DNC-D Premium Charcoal Grill
Performance and versatility don’t get better than this heavy-duty charcoal grill from Dyna-Glo. One of the best features of the Dyna-Glo charcoal grill is an ample cooking space of up to 686 square inches. And an adjustable crank tray to raise or lower the charcoal tray for effortless temperature customization.
The cooking grates are designed to retain and directly transfer heat to food. Keep in mind that these cooking grates also slide, giving you more access to the charcoal. A removable large capacity ash pan makes cleaning more manageable, while side shelves, a bottle opener, and storage space complete the grill.
- Features a firebox divider
- It is easy to clean up
- Has a chimney stack
- Comes with a functional lift system
- The chimney stack may not fully seal when you need it to
Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium Charcoal Grill, X-Large, Stainless
- Removable firebox divider for single or dual cooking zone
- Primary cooking area is 576 square inches
- Secondary cooking area is 240 square inches
RELATED: 21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
6. Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
If you don’t prefer gas or charcoal grills, the Char-Broil Patio Bistro makes the ideal high-quality electric grill. The Tru-Infrared system ensures an even and juicer cook with no flare-ups, whether grilling vegetables or searing steaks.
The porcelain-coated cooking grates are durable, rust-resistant, and easy to clean. At the same time, the temperature gauge allows you to keep an eye on your preheated grill status. As far as storage and preparation go, the foldable side shelves have you sorted.
Note: It comes with a removable shelf to keep your cooked food warm
- Easy to assemble
- Great and sturdy design
- Looks great
- Stores easily
- Can’t function without electricity
Char-Broil 20602108 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill, Graphite
- High-quality electric grilling for convenience without the hassle of gas or charcoal
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even heat and cooks juicier food
- Integrated control knob to adjust temperatures easily
7. Royal Gourmet CC1830SC Charcoal Grill
The Royal Gourmet charcoal grill boasts of a new black heat-resistant coating that does not peel off. It comes with 801 square inches of cooking surface, warming rack, and offset smoker to ensure great smoke and heat circulation.
The two-level adjustable charcoal pan can hold up to 4.4 lbs of coal and is easily accessible through a side door. Like other grills in this list, the Royal Gourmet charcoal grill comes with front and side shelves for grilling condiments and tools, as well as a bottom shelf that can hold up to 20lbs.
- Has a beautiful black finish
- Great value for money
- Has an effortless assembly
- It is lightweight
- The lid looks flimsy
Royal Gourmet CC1830SC Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker with Cover, 801 Square Inches, Black, Outdoor Camping
- Heat Resistant: New black coating withstands high temperature up to 400℉, will not easily peel off. Easy assembly. Delivery…
- 801 Square Inches: Includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-coated steel wiring grates, 169 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 189…
- Offset Smoker: Seamlessly attaches to grill, ensuring good circulation of heat and smoke. Easy to open side door to add…
8. Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill
Weighing in at only 17lbs, the Cuisinart Petit Gourmet Gas Grill is compact enough to take anywhere and is ideal for patios, balconies, and decks. With up to 160 square inches of spacious cooking surface, the grill can accommodate four to six people at a time and comes in a good cooking height thanks to its telescopic stand.
Even better, it sets up and packs away in seconds, making it a go-to for impromptu cookouts. But you will love the drip tray that collects drippings and grease, making cleaning a breeze.
- Conveniently small
- It is roomy
- Uses a conveniently small amount of gas
- Ignition may be faulty
Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill with VersaStand, Red, 31.5″ H x 16.5″ W x 16″ L
- 160-SQUARE-INCH PORCELAIN ENAMELED COOKING GRATE: 160-square-inches of porcelain enameled grates give you a spacious cooking…
- 5, 500 BTU BURNER: Features a 5, 500 BTU burner, a twist to start electric ignition and precision temperature gauge to give…
- COMPACT ENOUGH TO TAKE ANYWHERE: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and with stand. The grill weighs only 17 lbs. ,…
9. George Foreman Electric Grill
There is a lot to love about the George Foreman Electric Grill from its tough nonstick coating that is easy to use and clean. To its removable stand making it ideal for indoor and outdoor grilling.
It also features a temperature probe that allows you to choose between five heat settings to best suit your food. Being fully electric, you bet your landlord will love this grill as much as you will.
- Heats up quickly
- Saves money on gas
- Keeps food juicy
- Cleaning can be hectic at first
- Relies on electricity
George Foreman, Silver, 12+ Servings Upto 15 Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, GGR50B, REGULAR
- George Tough Nonstick Coating – Thereâ€s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; itâ€s durable, easy to clean, and…
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand – Donâ€t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand…
- Adjustable Temperature Control – The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any…
10. Cuisinart CCG190RB Portable Charcoal Grill
With up to 150 square inches, you can rely on the Cuisinart Portable Charcoal Grill to accommodate enough food without disrupting heat distribution. Its dual ventilation system will give you the ultimate fuel and temperature control. But a durable enamel-coated firebox and mesh-free ash catcher make cleaning manageable and fast. Lastly, you will appreciate the convenience of its lightweight and lid locks for transportation.
Note: because of its height, you might need to place the grill on a higher surface.
- It is light and compact for portability
- Comes with easy-to-follow instructions
- The grill legs are not sturdy
Cuisinart CCG190RB Portable Charcoal Grill, 14-Inch, Red, 14.5″ x 14.5″ x 15″ & CGS-134 Grilling Tool Set with Grill Glove, Red (3-Piece)
- 150-SQUARE-INCH CHROME PLATED GRATE: The 150-square-inch chrome plated cooking rack gives a spacious cooking surface is able…
- DUAL VENTING SYSTEM: Features a Dual venting system, giving you the ultimate charcoal management and temperature control.
- THREE SECURE LID LOCKS: The grill features three secure lid locks for easy and safe transport.
Watch this video by Kent Survival Gear & Review on amazing folding camp grill – Bitty-Big-Q:
Gas camping grills are roomy enough to feed your whole family and are easy to control. On the other hand, Charcoal camping grills lack the complexity and high-tech systems of the gas grills but deliver on flavor. That said, the best camping grill for you solely depends on functionality, capacity, and your budget. With this list, you bet you cannot go wrong.
Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll.
Which camping grill do you prefer for your cookouts? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Top 25 Car Camping Essentials
- How To Choose The Best Firewood For A Perfect Campfire
- Hurricane Survival Guide For Every Prepper
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Don’t forget to stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!