Camping during the colder months could be fun but difficult because of freezing temperatures. Luckily, there are devices such as a tent heater or tent warmers to keep you warm to still enjoy your stay in the freezing outdoors.
Luckily, there is a wide range of options in the market and this list will help you narrow down your choices.
Top 10 Propane Heaters in the Market Today
1. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
The Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater features a durable stainless steel burner and a pressure regulator valve enabling you to adjust the burner for a thermal output of up to 3,000 BTUs.
The Texsport Sportsmate utilizes a propane cylinder, which you can securely place in a plastic cup mold or adapter or on the plastic paddle foot base. Rest assured in your camping tent that the automatic shut-off valve snaps into action when the flame dies down while preventing unlit propane from flowing.
- It features a thermal couple for enhanced safety
- Reliable in both windy and cold weather
- Comes with an automatic shut-off valve
- Does not come with a carbon monoxide detector
2. Martin Gas Catalytic Heater
As the name suggests, the Portable Gas Catalytic Heater with foldable legs runs a catalytic heating system. As a result, the heater produces a flameless heat of up to 3,000 BTUs.
Due to its catalytic heater system, a regular propane cylinder can last you up to seven hours as the catalytic heater system maximizes using the least amount of fuel to provide maximum heat.
- Great value for money
- Comes with a clean-burning mechanism
- Evenly distributes heat without a lot of condensation
- The ignition system may fail
3. Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater
The Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater is your go-to heater if you like camping and or hunting during cold weather. It also works for hikers and will sufficiently warm individuals as well as small groups.
The heater features an aluminum reflector with a stainless-steel burner and a nickel-plated safety grid. It also has a broad paddle foot base that provides stability as it is made from durable plastic.
With a single adjustable burner, this propane heater can produce a heat of up to 2,890 BTUs using a regular propane cylinder. In case of flaming out, the unit comes with an automatic shut-off valve.
Note: This heater provides sufficient heat to tents of up to 10 x 10-foot.
- Guarantees durability
- Is lightweight hence portable
- Great value for money
- Might malfunction and produce smoke
4. Martin Portable Infrared Propane Gas Heater
The Martin Portable Outdoor Camping Infrared Propane Gas Heater Parabolic will make your camping, hunting, or ice fishing activities cozy with a thermal output of 3,100 BTUs for up to seven hours.
It uses a regular one-pound propane cylinder and features a safety grid and an automatic shut-off fuel valve for when the flame goes out. Moreover, this portable propane gas heater has an easy-to-use heat control and adjustment system.
This makes it possible to focus the heat on one spot using a specialized metal. Lastly, the heater comes with an expandable base making the unit sturdy for operations.
- Do not emit fumes.
- Lack of an open frame enhances safety
- Suits closed campers or camping tents
- The base might be too shallow
5. DEWALT DXH12B Portable Heater
Besides offering you up to 12,000 BTUs of heat, this powerful tent heater furnishes you with additional functions that will come in handy during your camping adventure. As far as convenience goes, this propane tent heater can run off a one-pound propane cylinder for up to seven hours.
Thanks to an in-built high-velocity fan, the heat from the heater is evenly dispersed to cover up to 450-square feet. What’s more, this high-power heater is designed to accommodate a rechargeable 20V battery that powers its three USB charging ports while allowing you to run a LED light bar for increased visibility.
- Has a built-in shut off mechanism for safety
- It has a fuel-saving mechanism
- Has a considerably long running time
- It isn’t quiet
6. SENGOKU Heatmate Portable Heater
Sengoku has been producing quality heating devices, and this one is no exception. With an output of 10,000BTUs, you can rely on the Heatmate portable heater to keep a 380 square-foot camping tent warm and toasty.
Its 4.5-liter kerosene tank means that this Sengoku tent heater will steadily provide heat for up to 14-hours before needing a refill. As far as functional design goes, the heater’s safety shield blocks the burner from the wind while protecting users from burns. Like others in the list, the Heatmate comes with an automatic tip-over sensor, shut off, not to mention an electric ignition, and adjustable flame levels.
- Comes with an easy-to-read fuel gauge
- It is reliable
- Can be used indoors too
- The automatic shutoff may malfunction
7. MR. Buddy MH9BX Heater
Compact propane-powered tent heaters don’t get better than the MH9BX heater by Mr. Buddy. It offers a steady 9,000BTUs that will effortlessly heat a 225 square-foot tent or shelter. It comes with an easy-to-use piezoelectric spark igniter which allows for easy ignition, especially when outdoors.
What’s more, its built-in cavity can accommodate a one-pound propane cylinder that can run the heater for six hours. Since it is designed for use in altitudes of up to 7,000-feet, it comes equipped with an oxygen depletion sensor, not to mention a tip-over kill switch. This way, you can enjoy the outdoors without worrying about safety.
- Comes ready-to-use out of the box
- Works well indoors as outdoor
- Great value
- Doesn’t come with a carbon monoxide detector
8. APG Portable Gas Heater
Besides being manufactured with quality and durable material, the APG Portable Gas Heater is effortlessly easy to bring along on your camping trips. With an adjustable safety valve, you and your camping buddies can worry less about being roasted in your sleep.
What’s more, with the right adjustments, one gas cylinder can last you a night. You can mount the propane heater to a gas cylinder, or you can use an adapter, and it will work exceptionally well.
- The propane heater ignites almost effortlessly
- Is cost-effective as a medium tank can warm you up for up to 3 hours
- It is user-friendly
- Doesn’t come with an in-built igniter
RELATED: Planning Your First Car Camping Trip
9. Stansport Portable Outdoor Infrared Propane Heater
The Stansport Portable Outdoor Infrared Propane Heater comes with a four-step setting so you can turn it up to the heat level you for comfort – that is, low, medium, or high heat levels. It also features a rear cage and automatically shuts off for safe operation and handling.
- Saves on fuel
- Has a convenient handle for easy portability
- Easily focuses the heat where it’s needed
- Doesn’t have matchless ignition
10. Hiland LP-195C Portable Tank Top Propane Camping Heater
The Hiland LP-195C Portable Tank Top is made with quality and sturdy materials such as aluminum and steel. It uses 1 lb propane tanks that are readily available to generate a thermal output of 3,000 BTUs that you can control.
It also features an anti-tilt switch in addition to a stable removable cylinder base for improved stability.
- Is durable and reliable
- Safe to use indoor and outdoor
- It is lightweight hence portable
- Can’t switch from two burners to one without shutting off the heater
There you go, campers. The fun of camping or other outdoor activities does not have to end when the night sets in. With such a wide variety of tent heaters to help you brave the night chills, you can bet that your outdoor activities can only get better.
Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post’s poll.
Which tent heater do you like using when you are camping? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Tent vs. Hammock Camping: And The Winner Is…
- How to Find the Best Places to Set Up a Tent
- Packing the Ultimate Survival Kit for One’s Survival
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.